Friday, July 29, 2011

Yes You Can: a thank you!

I want to publicly thank Ohiofarmgirl for encouraging me when I lost a few birds and for featuring me on her blog. Check it out. The connection has sparked some fun opportunities and I look forward to sharing them on my blog. In late September I will travel with scalder and plucker in tow to a town just North of us to help a family butcher their chickens. Without the Ohio connection, the family and I would have never crossed paths. It is funny how two west coasters need an Ohio transplant to connect:) In all of this, I see the best the Internet has to offer--real relationships, with real people, doing the most honest work: taking care of each other.

It is not from ourselves that we learn to be better than we are. -Wendell Berry

1 comment:

  1. I love your post and I love Ohio Farm girl's labor. It's our humble small acre's privilege to have this connection with you both.

    ReplyDelete